Our professional benefit auction services can include:
- Registration and checkout services
- Revenue enhancer consultation
- Energetic, hardworking, experienced, results driven, professionally certified benefit auctioneers
A professional designation awarded by the NAA Education Institute designed to teach professional auctioneers the planning techniques that create successful benefit auctions. BAS auctioneers learn marketing skills and create a business strategy to build their clientele and profits. In order to be designated with the BAS, auctioneer-scholars are required to complete 21 classroom hours, a detailed written auction summary report, proof of at least six benefit auctions and 24 hours of continuing education every three years. The BAS course covers topics such as the fundraising components of the auction event, item acquisition, audience development, contractual agreements, and public relations. Less than 1% of Auctioneers and benefit auction professionals throughout North America hold the BAS designation.
According to recent research by the National Auctioneer’s Association, there are over 150,000 non-profit fundraising auctions held each year in the United States. These events raise money from the thousands to the millions to benefit charitable causes.
Benefit auctions make sense.
An auction is a true example of the market economy. Simply put, an auction is a collection of items to be sold to the highest bidder(s).
Research shows that a large number of non-profit organizations including schools, museums, hospitals, churches, service groups and civic groups use auctions as their major source of fundraising.
We believe that a well-organized and orchestrated benefit auction is one of the most efficient methods of raising substantial sums of money while increasing the amount of involvement and commitment among the organization’s membership. People like feeling that they are giving back to their community, and providing them a fun method of doing so benefits everyone involved.
A successful fund raising event begins with PLANNING.
We can assist you from start to finish. Please see the sample benefit auction items for information on various items that can be sold at a benefit auction.
Recipe for Success:
You will have the recipe for success if you combine the ingredients of colleagues and friends banded together to benefit a sponsored institution, an accumulation of unique and special items for sale as well as a crowd-pleasing environment and a qualified auctioneer and you have the recipe for record breaking success.
If you have ever thought about having an Auction to raise money for your organization, you may have felt overwhelmed with the amount of planning or resources that are required to conduct a successful event.
This is where we can help. Our team is experienced and will guide you thru the planning and execution of a successful fundraising Auction. We will work hard utilizing the latest technology and vast resources available to assure that we help you reach your fundraising goals.
Please feel free to contact Michael Hoffman today at (614) 314-0928 to discuss your specific needs, or with any questions you might have.
The following benefit auction items are “general” ideas and not all will work for your unique auction scenario.
Please contact Auctioneer Michael Hoffman for more details on how your fund raising auction can be a success.
- Dinner prepared by a private chef for “x” number of people in your home
- Tickets to a local or national sporting event
- Team or player/coach signed footballs or jerseys
- Signed professional sports items (soccer balls, hockey pucks/sticks, etc.)
- Artwork (original or limited editions from well known artist)
- Beach home getaway
- Best seats at graduation (or any other special school event)
- Night at the ballgame (including dinner, parking, signed game ball, etc.)
- Parking for a year (great for school auctions!)
- Chauffeured romantic evening (dinner, play, luxury hotel, breakfast)
- Dessert a month for a year (dinners, flowers, chocolate, etc.)
- Custom built playhouse (gazebo, dog house, arbors, etc.)
- Class projects (make sure each student signs or identifies in some way)
- Dinner with a celebrity (local or national)
- Framed and signed movie posters
- Fishing or hunting trips
- Vacation and travel packages (time shares, flights, etc.)
- Girl’s day out (package including lunch, shopping, massage, hair care, etc.)
- Handmade quilt
- Car lease (could be for the weekend, month or year)
- Guided tours (company, sports team complex, brewery, movie sets, etc.)
- Harley Davidson motorcycle or apparel
- Aerial sightseeing (plane, helicopter, balloon, etc.)
- Lessons (imagine all the possibilities! Skydiving, piano, martial arts, etc.)
- Mystery dinner
- Name the facility (street, room, etc.)
- Buy a tile, brick or plaque
- Principal for the day
- Lunch with a favorite teacher
- Student hot lunch for a year
- Party at the fire station
- School tuition for a year
- VIP table for next year’s auction!
- Persian rugs
- Tool sets
- Carved pieces from an old building to be added to a new construction project
- YMCA family membership for one year includes exercise gear, gym bag, jump rope, etc.
- Golf clubs and bag with round of golf for 4 players
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Tour and stay at a vineyard plus wine tasting, etc.
- Ride on a float in a local parade
- 10 day African safari
- Shark diving adventure
- Customized gift baskets
- World Poker Tour tickets for taping of shows
- Gourmet dinner from a well known restaurant at home
- A driving lesson in a race car (NASCAR)
- A day in your favorite city (spa, lunch, show/movie, wine tasting…dinner and dessert plus limousine)
- Great concert tickets.
- Queen for a year (house cleaning, dry cleaning, gardening, spa, dessert, manicures, etc.)
- Helicopter ride with the local police department
- Carwash by the local politician
- BBQ for 30 of your friends by the sports team and coaches
- US flag flown over the White House, Congress, State legislature…Signed?
- Free fancy loaner car for the weekend.
- Tour and stay at a vineyard…plus wine tasting etc.
- Ride on a float in a parade.
- Photo session for the family
- Teeth whitening or other cosmetic surgery
- Gym membership for a year
- Oil change for a year
- Car detailing for a year
- Backstage concert passes with concert tickets
- A day or lunch or dinner with the local or national celebrity athletes