Bio for Michael Hoffman
Michael Hoffman is a licensed and insured auctioneer, personal property appraiser, and real estate agent with Ohio Real Estate Auctions. He is the president and lead auctioneer for Hoffman Auctions. He has over twenty years of experience in identifying assets, conducting successful auctions, and preparing appraisals for a variety of assets. His specialties include premier real estate and asset sales at live and online auction.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- Holds various designations, including Certified Auctioneer Institute, Graduate Personal Property Appraisal, Certified Estate Specialist, and Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate.
- Education and experience handling antiques and collectibles have served him well as an auctioneer in identifying the value and market for such items.
- Continuing professional education is the cornerstone of his auctioneer and appraiser background.
- Shared his knowledge and experience with new, up and coming auctioneers by teaching at Reppert Auction School.
- Evaluating collections, conducting live and online auctions, preparing USPAP compliant estate, divorce, donation, and insurance appraisals.
- Providing fundraising and special events consulting services to a variety of clients.
- Freelance auctioneer services to various auction companies across the United States.
Additional Qualifications and Services Provided:
- Approved auctioneer and appraiser for various Ohio courts, including the Franklin County Probate and Municipal Courts.
- Approved Private Selling Officer.
- Experienced in estate resolution, foreclosure, loss mitigation, and business liquidation auctions.
- State-of-the-art online and live auction services for both on- and off-site situations.
- Proven performance – hundreds of real properties successfully SOLD.
- Provides reports tailored to your needs and those of the various courts.
- Experienced in receiverships, special master auctions and court-appointed auctions.
- Provides time-defined and contingency-free sale of assets and real property.
- Affordable consultation and evaluations.
- One company. One call. We handle it all!
Michael Hoffman’s auctioneer and appraiser services cover a wide range of specialties, including:
- Benefit and charity auction events.
- Live and online auctions for personal property and real estate (residential, commercial, industrial).
- Real estate foreclosures, bank-owned real estate, and judicial auctions.
- Ohio police, sheriff, and municipal auctions.
- Antiques, collectibles, toys, and memorabilia auctions.
- Collector cars and general-purpose vehicle auctions.
- Home furnishings, decorative arts, works of art, and electronic auctions.
- Bankruptcy liquidations and office furnishings auctions.
- Hand and power tools auctions.
- Firearms and ammunition auctions.
- Downsizing and job transfers.
- Premier properties and luxury asset auctions.
- Jewelry, coins, gold, and silver auctions.
- Fine art and collectibles auctions.
- Commercial and industrial equipment auctions.
- Land, farm, and agricultural equipment auctions.
- Business asset liquidations and inventory appraisals.
- Estate appraisals and auctions for personal property.
- Insurance appraisals.
Professional Education & Designations:
- National Auctioneers Association (NAA) Education Institute: Graduate Personal Property Appraiser Designee, 40-hour course.
- NAA Education Institute: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices, 15-hour course.
- NAA Education Institute: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices, 7-hour update course.
- NAA Education Institute: Certified Auctioneer’s Institute C.A.I. Designee, 120-hour course.
- NAA Education Institute: Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate A.A.R.E. Designee, 80-hour course.
- NAA Education Institute: Certified Auction Manager.
- NAA Education Institute: Certified Estate Specialist C.E.S. Designee.
- NAA Education Institute: Benefit Auction Specialist B.A.S Designee.
- Graduate Auctioneer, The Ohio Auction School, Groveport, Ohio.
- Hondros Business College, Real Estate, Columbus, Ohio.
- Ohio & National Auctioneer seminars & training.
- Ohio Auctioneer’s Association (previously served three terms on the Board of Directors).
- National Auctioneer’s Association.
Professional Licenses and Industry Involvement:
- Licensed Auctioneer in Ohio #2002000102.
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Ohio #2003010213.
- Past Member of the NAA President’s Advisory Council.
- Past Member of the NAA Technology Committee.
Schedule a free consultation today for your next auction or appraisal project – contact Michael Hoffman at 614-314-0298 or visit www.HoffmanAuctions.com
Our team of auctioneers are highly skilled and experienced in conducting live and online auctions. We are passionate
about our work and we are committed to providing our clients with the best possible auction experience.
Jerry Scott, CAI, CAGA
Associate Auctioneer & Appraiser
Ron Denney, CAI, AARE
Jerry Hall, CAI, GPPA
Associate Auctioneer & Appraiser
Tim Lile, CAI, AARE
John Ruckman, Jr, CAI
Profesional Designations Awarded By The National Auctioneers Association
Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI)
CAI is different from NAA’s other designations. It’s a three-year program in which attendees spend a week each year onsite at Indiana University. It’s an intensive program involving late nights working on proposals and other projects that happen in the time between classes.
CAI, unlike other designations, focuses on the business of the auction industry rather than on a particular asset class. While attendees learn about different types of auctions, the focus is on business planning, development and structure. Attendees register for CAI I, CAI II, and CAI III in successive years. Gaps between CAI I, II and III of more than two years require approval of the Education Director, and often are addressed by having attendees audit CAI classes for a year before returning to the program.